By pooling their resources through a modest weekly maintenance charge the residents at Balmoral pass most daily housekeeping to the management team and maximise their enjoyment of the services and facilities.
The maintenance charge covers:
- Full time village staff
- Emergency call system
- Free village bus service
- Preventative maintenance
- Gardening & lawn mowing
- Building and Public Liability Insurance
- Payment of council and water rates
- The Village Club facilities
- The Bowling Green
- Street & security lighting
- Maintenance of appliances included in the unit i.e. stove, heater, hot water system.
- Operating costs of the village facilities including the Club, bus, motor vehicles, swimming pool, library, bowling green etc.
- Contribution to a general reserve (and the Owner matches the residents’ contribution)
And on a user pays basis further services are available as follows:
- Dining room
- Doctor's surgery
The village staff are on hand to assist residents when required. For example home help, meals or nursing care can be arranged on your behalf. Staff may assist in sourcing free or subsidised services through the City of Knox and other agencies for those residents who qualify. Residents may request their mail to be redirected to the office whilst away on holiday or ask the Manager to keep an eye on their unit. The Manager and her staff are at your service to make life at Balmoral Village an easy going and enjoyable experience.
The maintenance charge is payable two weeks in advance and may be adjusted each year in consultation with the Residents' Committee and in accordance with the Retirement Villages Act. The operating budget for the village is presented each year for discussion and approval by the Residents' Committee and then tabled at the Annual General Meeting of Residents.
Eligible pensioners receive a rate rebate as allowed by Knox Council and South East Water.